MANGÉ FRESH FRUIT VINEGARS
Mangé brings the tastes of gastronomical restaurants to your home. Although 2 and 3-star Michelin cooking and presentation is an art, there are some secrets that make their production possible. Sauces are by far the best kept secret and the most critical element to great dishes. Mangé is a company set up to provide sauces that can turn your home cooking into a gastronomical dish.
Le Gastronome is a line of products from Mangé that will help to make many dishes flavorsome. The first of the series are Mangé’s Fresh Fruit Vinegars. The mixtures of 12 fresh fruit sauces gives dishes the extra splash of freshness and taste that stimulates all the senses. These versatile fruit sauces can be added to a variety of dishes from seafood to salads. They also add a splash of color to all your culinary creations.
Product is simple fruit sauce vinegar made mostly of pure fruit puree. Unlike competing sauces, there are no corn by-products in these vinegars making them gluten-free.
New York Chef Christopher Spivak combined his talents to create a multitude of tastes and textures to tease multi-cultural palates.
Company Name: Fresh Fruit Vinegars by Mangé
1. In what year did your company begin operation?
2. How do you define success? Are you “there” yet?
We define success by having our vinegars as a staple food to brighten everyday meals. We are far from where we would like to be.
3. How long did it take to be successful? What challenges did your face in establishing your company?
It took us a year to get significant accounts and now in our second year, we are really starting to gain momentum.
4. How long did your initial roll-out for the above product line take (months or years?) and how much did it cost? ($5,000? $20,000?) What kind of funding was available to you?
There was limited funding. I put up the initial investment of $50,000 to start the full product line.
5. Please share your insights and advice for new to industry companies. Don’t hold back!
- Focus on wholesale rather than retail. Although margins are better at retail, wholesale really gets your product out there.
- Apply for the Foreign Agriculture Service’s branded program that supports businesses and boosts export visibility and capabilities.
- Get your products into distributor channels that can be a key factor in increasing visibility of your product. You can only sell so many units yourself. Sharing in the profit of your product is what will really help expand your business rapidly.
6. How would you define your “vision”? Where do you want to be in 5 or 10 years? [Stated in the present tense]
Fresh Fruit Vinegars is the first in a line of profitable products from Mangé. We have moved into successful gourmet sauce production based on establishment our brand name and success with our Vinegars.
7. Did your company participate in the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York? Was it successful? What was your total investment?
We were at both the 2014 Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows. All of our tradeshows are a great success for us. They run us about $4,000 a show and we tend to recoup the expense in approximately 30 days.
Fresh Fruit Vinegars
PO Box 311
Somerville, Massachusetts 02143-1701