“World’s Best Tasting Gluten Free Desserts”
1. In what year did your company begin operation?
Tia’s Bakery Gluten Free began operations January 1, 2009.
2. How do you define success? Are you “there” yet?
We believe that, for us, success is the ability to live freely, love fiercely & laugh often. So yes, Tia’s Bakery is a success. In financial terms, we are still a small but growing company and brand working very hard to expand distribution.
3. How long did it take to be successful? What challenges did your face in establishing your company?
Obtaining initial operating capital was a huge challenge. Securing competent, consistent manufacturing also presented challenges. Learning about how the wholesale/retail/distribution components of the food industry actually work was probably the most challenging of all.
4. How long did your initial roll-out for the above product line take (months or years?) and how much did it cost? ($5,000? $20,000?) What kind of funding was available to you?
At the time of the launch of the current product line, we were still performing all manufacturing, so the rollout was fairly smooth and actually quite rapid. Initial investment of packaging and labeling was the biggest financial hit. There was no funding available to us at the time.
5. Please share your insights and advice for new to industry companies.
When addressing immediate issues and/or needs, try to formulate solutions that will solve not only the problem at hand but will also work as your company begins to scale up in volume. Thank you for the opportunity to share our story! We hope that it will help others interested in entering the food manufacturing industry.
6. How would you define your “vision”? Where do you want to be in 5 or 10 years?
Tia’s Bakery Gluten Free is the “World’s Best Tasting Gluten Free Desserts.” Our mission is to let consumers know about our products and to judge for themselves the validity of that statement.
Director Sales & Marketing
TIA’S BAKERY GLUTEN FREE